E-Bike tour in the North of Alentejo – Portugal and Spain
- This bike tour takes you through beautiful landscapes in Portugal and Spain
- An Iberian tour passing through Portugal and Spain and it’s marvellous sceneries – 4 border crossings…but no border control
- The smallest border ever…an isolated bridge over a little river. So beautiful and unexpected!
- Marvão, its castle so high they say you see the back of eagles from there!
- Elvas historical centre, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site
- Juromenha castle, with its incredible views over the Guadiana river
- Delicious regional Portuguese gastronomy from the Alentejo, always present at our unique gourmet picnics and selected restaurants
- If E-bike is not for you, you can do this on a normal bike, but you must be super fit to enjoy
- This is one of our most sustainable trips. You will visit isolated villages and producer who get little tourism. You will help the local economy by doing this trip
Most nights will be passed in beautiful charming hotels.
Along the way, the beautiful castle of Marvão, the medieval village of Castelo de Vide, the fortified city of Elvas, world heritage site by UNESCO, and small fortified hamlets will tell the stories of wars with moors and in Spain. The border is right there on the other side of Guadiana river! We will cross it several times and you will bike in Spain as in Portugal. 2 different countries in 1 week!!!
The loveable Alentejo people, at first shy, the Mediterranean typical gastronomy along with the wonders of cork, marble, olive oil and other crafts will enrich your experience. And the wine… well, book and judge for yourself…
We will be pleased if you chose to cycle our Portugal E-Bike tour with us!
If you are having second thoughts because you look down on e-bikes, read our blog article about that!
You can see our movie HERE!
- Visit to small hamlets
- Locally owned small hotels in most places – and you can choose all, if you want
- Small producers, with very few visitors – boost local economy
- All our other Green policies apply to this trip as well. Read them here
You can make this Portugal Bike tour:
1st cycling day from Marvão to Castelo de Vide
Altitude gain: 591 mt/ 1938 ft
Total Distance: 50,90 km/ 31 mi
2nd cycling day Castelo de Vide to Arronches
Altitude gain: 579 mt/ 1899 ft
Total Distance: 49 km/ 30 mi
3rd cycling day from Arronches to Elvas
Altitude gain: 517 mt/ 1696 ft
Total Distance: 48.1 km/ 29 mi
4th cycling day from Elvas to Elvas
Altitude gain: 417 mt/ 1368 ft
Total Distance: 31.6 km/ 19 mi
Level: Medium plus
5th cycling day from Elvas to Juromenha
Altitude gain: 671 mt/ 2201 ft
Total Distance: 48.2 km/ 29 mi
6th cycling day from Juromenha to Juromenha
Altitude gain: 315 mt/ 1033 ft
Total Distance: 31,2 km/ 19 mi
Level: Medium plus
Prices per person – 2024
Departures everyday for all types of Tour.
Come on our set dates and Get a Better Price.
Discount price if you book 2 tours!
LUXURY OPTIONS – Upgrade cost under request, depends on type of room available and seaso
Not Included: Bikes insurance, Travel insurance, Tour cancellation insurance, and all items not mentioned above. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Guided group tour dates
Subject to availability, you can do this tour at any date as a private guided tour or as a self guided tour. The fact that a group date is full does not mean you cannot do a private tour on that date. So contact us anyway!