Bike tour in Portugal and Spain
- This bike tour takes you through beautiful landscapes in Portugal and Spain.
- 4 border crossings…but no border control.
- The smallest border ever…an isolated bridge over a little river. So beautiful and unexpected!
- Marvão, its castle so high they say you see the back of eagles from there!
- Elvas historical centre, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site
- Juromenha castle, with its incredible views over the Guadiana river
- Delicious regional Portuguese gastronomy from the Alentejo, always present at our unique gourmet picnics and selected restaurants.
- Designed for fit people. If you are not, you must rent an e-bike
- One of our most sustainable tours
Most nights will be passed in beautiful charming hotels.
Along the way, the beautiful castle of Marvão, the medieval village of Castelo de Vide, the fortified city of Elvas, world heritage site by UNESCO, and small fortified hamlets will tell the stories of wars with moors and Spain. The border is right there on the other side of Guadiana river!
You will get to bike in 2 different countries in one week!
The loveable Alentejo people, at first shy, the Mediterranean typical gastronomy along with the wonders of cork, marble, olive oil and other crafts will enrich your experience. And the wine… well, book and judge for yourself…
If this trip is too tough for you, choose our E-bike option
You can see our movie HERE!
- Visit to small hamlets
- Locally owned small hotels in most places – and you can choose all, if you want
- Small producers, with very few visitors – boost local economy
- Our company is local and we employ local people only
- All our other Green policies apply to this trip as well. Read them here
You can make this Portugal Bike tour: