Active bike tour – Go Active!
- Very active bike tour and challenging days – hard level bike tour
- Ever changing landscape: cork oak forests, rice fields, sand dunes, high cliffs, white sandy beaches and coves to explore.
- A gastronomical paradise for the palate. The wines, the food, the sweets…
- Tasty picnics served at the beach or at local restaurants
- Algarve’s picturesque and lively historical centers
- Cycling through incredible and wild scenery on the coast of the Southwest Alentejo and Costa Vicentina NP
- Very nice hotels, including a night in a convent
Are you fit?
Do you like riding and enjoy climbing?
Looking for a hard level bike tour?
If so this is the tour for you!
If not, choose one of our easier tours.
This 8 day active bike tour will take you through some of the wildest and beautiful Portuguese landscapes between pristine natural parks and the cool blue waters of the Atlantic Ocean, taking some easy dirt roads occasionally. This is our most challenging bike tour.
Experience the irresistible Portuguese gastronomy with awarded Alentejo wines and enjoy a picnic, in the sands of secluded beaches…there is nothing quite like it!
Learn and live the traditions and culture of our heartwarming people so simple and true and know our ways about olive oil, cork extraction, and its many uses, rice fields, pine forests, the dictatorship, and many other intriguing historical facts.
Safe routes with a challenge here and there will make for a relaxing and fun ride while you live the present, learn the past and discover the future of one of the oldest and sunniest countries in Europe.
Sleep in an array of historical buildings, charm hotels, and agro-tourisms.
You can make this trip:
1st cycling day from Palmela to Setubal
Altitude gain: 1485 mt / 4872 ft
Total Distance: 73.6 km / 45 mi
2nd cycling day from Setubal to Vila Nova de Santo André
Altitude gain: 419 mt / 1374 ft
Total Distance: 79.9 km / 49 mi
3rd cycling day from Vila Nova de Santo André do Vila Nova de Mil Fontes
Altitude gain: 972 mt / 3188 ft
Total Distance: 75.8 km / 47 mi
4th cycling day from Vila Nova de Mil Fontes to Aljezur
Altitude gain: 610 mt / 2001 ft
Total Distance: 83.10 km / 51 mi
5th cycling day from Aljezur to Sagres
Altitude gain: 1091 mt / 3579 ft
Total Distance: 83.6 km / 51 mi
6th cycling day from Sagres to Lagos
Altitude gain: 948 mt / 3110 ft
Total Distance: 48.4 km / 30 mi
Level: Medium Plus
Prices per person – 2023
Departures everyday for all types of Tour.
Come on our set dates and Get a Better Price.
For prices 2024 click HERE
Discount price if you book 2 tours!
Tour extension: Continue Cycling with us to the gorgeous inland of the Alentejo and do the Castles and Wine Tour.
- For a single person tour Contact us.
- For a massage Contact us.
- Extra nights – we strongly recommend that you do one or two breaks along the way. There are great places that deserve an extra night (see the programme). We will charge you only the cost of the hotel and 5 € per day per bike.
Not Included: Bikes insurance, Travel insurance, Tour cancellation insurance, and all items not mentioned above. See Terms & Conditions for more details.
Turaventur uses the REDUNIQ @Payments System. These payments are made in a simple, practical and secure way. The payment link is sent to your email, which will be redirected to a secure UNICRE page. Here the customer places the card details and makes the payment. After the data is validated and authorized by the bank, the transaction is finish. At the end you are notified of payment via email.
Guided group tour dates
You can do this tour at any date as a private guided tour or as a self guided tour. So contact us anyway!