Cycling in Portugal – Bike 3 Regions
- 4 really nice hotels, two of them located in the countryside in this cycling in Portugal tours
- Possible to book a massage for the end of most days
- Flexibility – 2 program options
- Cycling tours in secondary roads, just you and your bike!
- Monastery of Batalha and Monastery of Alcobaça
- Limestone caves
- Wine tasting
- Évora historical centre, classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site and Bones Chapel
- Days of biking on the coast
- Recommend for e-bike tour
We designed this cycling in Portugal tour for people searching for a good mix of nature and heritage, and a sprinkle of amazing landscape!
The tour explores the Natural Park of Serra d’Aire e Candeeiros and the beautiful region of Évora, a city classified by UNESCO as World Heritage Site. Then we follow to the gorgeous natural park of SW Alentejano and Costa Vicentina, for a dramatic change of landscape.
Due to the tough profile of the climbs in Serra d’Aires e Candeeiros we have decided to do this tour in e-bikes. Be aware that if you chose a normal bike you have to be really fit. This is the hardest of our bicycle tours in Portugal.
If you choose so, your evenings will be spent with Chefs or local people. In this cooking classes you will learn delicious and simple Portuguese food. At each place you will be given a little book with the recipe of what you cooked so that you may repeat the experience at home.
We may adapt the week to your wishes:
OPTION 1 – Having extra nights at all or some of the hotels to guarantee some resting time
OPTION 2 – Removing one of the areas for a shorter trip in case you have less time.
OPTION 3 – Swapping some of the cooking classes for served dinners if you don’t want to do all the 3